Whole House Remodels
Maybe your family has outgrown your current home. Or perhaps you just purchased a fixer-upper and need to start renovating it. No matter the reason, a whole house remodel is in your future. A home may have great bones, but the layout may need a reboot. Whether you desire a larger master bathroom or want to tear down walls to create an open concept living area, the sky’s the limit. Instead of trying to make do in a space that’s not fully functional, the team at Drew Thatcher Construction can help you reimagine the setup of your entire house. We understand the needs of homeowners in Lakewood, and our crew of skilled contractors can transform an average house into the home of your dreams.
Why Invest in a Full Remodel?
A complete house remodeling project is much more complicated than painting a few walls or replacing the flooring. It involves reevaluating the entire floor plan to make changes that will improve the livability of the building. However, why should homeowners gut everything and start from scratch instead of moving somewhere else?
Many people love their current neighborhood. They feel safe where they live and wouldn’t change their neighbors for anything. Maybe they have kids attending a nearby school and don’t want to uproot them. Other people live close to family and dread moving away. There are many reasons why someone would prefer to fix up their current home instead of shopping around for a new one.
Remodeling a home is also an investment that will pay off in the future. If you ever decide to sell your home down the road, having an updated space will make your house more desirable. Not only will you get tons of offers, but you’ll probably command a higher price than you could ever imagine. Every dollar you invest in a home renovation will give you an impressive ROI in the end.
What Happens During a House Remodel?
If you’re like most people, you purchased your home because it suited your family at the time. However, as time progressed, your family’s needs changed. You now see the shortcomings in your house. You need a whole house remodel to update and upgrade the property. But what should you expect?
Remodeling your house involves taking our ideas and making them a reality. Working with a design team and contractor will ensure your new floor plan, layout, fixtures, and amenities exceed your wildest expectations. Gutting a home makes it possible to change anything and everything.
Lakewood homeowners all have different ideas in mind when it comes to remodeling. Drew Thatcher Construction will work with you during every stage of the process to ensure you get every item on your list. Remodeling projects come in every size, from small and compact to colossal and complex.
When it comes to renovating an old house, we’ll make sure you don’t forget any details, and we always use the best quality materials. Here’s what we include in every remodel:
- Demolition: Whether you need us to tear out old fixtures or knock down a few walls, our team will do so without damaging the neighboring structures.
- Rebuilding: Do you need more windows, bigger doorways, or a new frame? Our contractor will assemble your home piece-by-piece, making sure everything meets our high standards.
- Utilities: There are plumbing pipes and electrical wires hidden throughout your home. Just like anything else, they can wear out over time, but they’re not always accessible. A house remodeling project is an ideal time to rewire, replace old pipes, or update the HVAC system.
- Walls: Whether you need us to erect new room walls or repair the existing ones, we’ll use the best materials to insulate fully, texturize, or paint the walls throughout your home.
- Flooring: Picking out the right floors is a must. Drew Thatcher Construction will guide you through the process. Whether you want hardwood in the living areas or stone tiles in the bathroom, we’ll expertly install floors that will last for many years.
- Cabinets: Storage is a must in every home. Updating the cabinets in your kitchen and bathroom will not only make sure your belongings all have a place, but it will also boost your resale value.
- Appliances: Do you want a jet-stream bathtub or chef-style cooktop? Our designers will help you select the best devices for every room in your home, and we’ll handle all the installation for you.
- Finishing Touches: Many details will make your home extra special. Maybe you want built-in bookcases to house your collectibles. Perhaps a custom backsplash will make your kitchen more enjoyable. No matter what you desire, we can make it happen. After adding a bit of personality and style, your home will be magazine ready.
Preparing for a Major Remodeling Project
Of course, you want your whole house remodel to go off without a hitch. Depending on the size and complexity of your design, the project can take several months from start to finish. Here’s how you can prepare in advance:
1. Set a budget: You need to be honest about how much money you have to spend. Remodeling projects can get pricey, so work with your designer to settle upon a firm budget before demolition begins.
2. Create a list of non-negotiable items: What do you ultimately want from the renovation? Let your contractor know about any must-have items on the list. If they need to scale back the project to stay on budget, make sure they know where to allocate the most money.
3. Call in a cleaning crew: Tearing down walls and removing fixtures kick up a lot of dust and debris. Remove anything you don’t want to get damaged during the process. Many homeowners choose to rent a storage unit for the duration.
4. Decide on living arrangements: While some homeowners choose to continue living in their home during a renovation, it’s not always ideal. You may find yourself tripping over the contractors, and you may expose your family to dangerous particles. If possible, stay with friends or family.
Trust Your Full House Model with the Pros
If you’re like most homeowners, you probably have no clue how to remodel a house. You may have ideas of what you want, but tackling each project seems overwhelming. Full house remodeling isn’t a DIY job. It takes plenty of skill, expertise, and a ton of tools to get it done right.
With several years of experience, Drew Thatcher Construction knows how to transform a house from drab to fab. Whether you want us to move a few walls or gut the entire layout, we’re the team for you. We never cut any corners, and we always use the highest quality materials during every home remodeling project. Contact Drew Thatcher Construction to begin designing the home of your dreams.